Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tramping..

..is the NZ term for hiking and it is what we did this last weekend! It was lots of fun (and hard work)! We went with Helen and Paul and generally had a rather brill time! We had been meaning to go for ages, especially as we all had new tents to try! We tramped in to the Pinnacles Hut on the Mt Somers subalpine walkway. It was a huge relief to see the hut, as although it wasn't a ling distance it was a flippin long way up! It was absolutely beautiful....freezing but beautiful! We didn't try out the tents in the end, the bunks in the hut were far too tempting! So here are some photos!

At the start!


Lunch Spot at the "Duke Knob"

Paul trying to see the hut!

The river crossing


Funnily enough I have no captions for this one!


We made it! The white dot is the hut!


Sunrise! I am sure you can guess who took this one!?

Getting ready to leave!!!!
Not quite sure what Paul was pondering!?

And finally coffee and cake! A fantastic weekend! Can't wait til the next big adventure!

4 comments:

The Staniforths said...

Looks like you had a great time - some of the pictures look quite lord of the rings!!!

Sally Breen said...

I think I need to send yu thermals as its getting cold , is Dan wearinga Cabela's t shirt its a huge store out here do you get it in NZ love sally

Shepherds said...

Looks awesome - I'd have been up with you, Dan, for the sunrise! So good to catch up this morning; you're great and we love you both lots! Natalie xox

cliff&suse said...

Fantastic photos guys, looking forward to our catch up ems and looking forward to seeing you too!!!! Not that long now, well 9 months! Hee Hee!!Love ya xx