Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy first month!

Wow, we have been here a month already! It seems to have flown!

We have had quite a busy couple of weeks, we have thankfully moved out of our temporary accomodation (no more freight trains at 3am!) and we have moved into our lovely new home. I have thoroughly enjoyed heading to the warehouse (the closest thing to IKEA and really not that close at all) to get everything for the house! SO much fun, being let lose with the credit card while Dan slaves away at work!!!!! What a hard life! I am really getting into colour schemes, accessories etc....

We have so many photos to put up on the blog and hopefully we will gradually add them all. We have added a few if you scroll down!

Big news is that I have been offered a job today. I am going to be working in the Physio department at Christchurch public hospital, in their office and reception. I am really looking forward to getting stuck into work, meeting people and I hope that it will be a great place to begin to get to grips with how the health service works here. So I am really over the moon!

Our exploring continues and we have been getting to know Merivale (the area we live in) where to drink, eat, shop..... Dan is starting to play touch rugby for KPMG on thursday evenings (tonight was rained off...........they aren't very tough here!?) I am still hoping to start playing hockey but at the moment running is still taking up time. This last week we have had Dan's mum staying so I have been "tourist guide".......bit bizarre when I don't really know what I am doing but it has been fun.

Well more to come so will leave you now! For those that can SKYPE we have downloaded now. Our user name is emma and dan andrews.

2 comments:

the bans said...

FANTASTIC news about the job Em, real pleased for you. We will be Skyping you soon! lots of love beck x

Anonymous said...

Hi Ems,
Have had probs with email so not been able to keep in touch. Glad things are starting to settle down for you and Dan. Great news about the job, wish I could say the same for mine!!
Will keep in touch.
Jean x