Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lost in Translation



Our evening was also to be quite jam packed full of fantastic things! The evening started out by going to the Park Hyatt to have cocktails at the New York Bar made famous in Lost in Translation. This had been on Dan's to do list for ever and he was VERY excited to finally be able to make it out. It was fantastic and exceeded expectations. We arrived before dusk and were able to watch the sun set over Tokyo and to be replaced by the twinkling red lights on all the buildings! The drinks were probably the most expensive cocktails we've ever had but they were yum! THe toilets too were pretty spectacular comeplete with setting for "massage"! But the company was the highlight, sitting watching the sun go down with Hiro and Beck was just brill!
Afterwards we ventured out for Sushi, really exquisite sushi too. Everything since has been rather a let down! The attention to detail in the presentation, awesome!
Our last biggie of the evening was Karaoke! I have to confess to not being completely up for it, Dan and I were both rather shattered, but give us a room with maracas, tambourines, our own light show and an endless library of music and well what can I say!!!!! We were unstoppable! Dan in particular went for it! Rick Astley eat your heart out!!!
What a fab night to end a fab day!

1 comment:

Si said...

That last photo is one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen!