The following Friday was our last days at work and I can only speak for mine, but I was certainly sent out in style! A complete Kiwiana morning tea, complete with huge Pavlovas, lamingtons, pineapple lumps, cheese rolls and anzac biscuits! It was truly amazing! I was very privileged too to have the PHO CEOs attend along with old member of the planning and funding team! It really was wonderful and as usual for me, very emotional! The speeches although complete with a few jokes were difficult to articulate due to the hysterical tears that we flowing!!! My new addition to the Andrews wardrobe is now my very own All Blacks shirt along with some other beautiful kiwi gifts from the P&F team. I felt very valued and was/am very sad to be leaving! My payback for some of the teams cheekiness.....well my own teams cheekiness.....making Bridget and Philippa wear England Shirts ALL day!!!
Bede had also put a lot of effort into the evening part of the day! We ventured out to Le Plonk for drinks after work, then onto the Fish n Chip shop for dinner! It is the coolest restaurant! Filled to the brim with kiwiana and classic chinz and they serve your fish and chips in newspaper! Classic! I also tried a cheerio.....a sausage savaoy type thing which you wrap in buttered white bread and smother with tomato sauce! It was YUM, though I imagine a tad unhealthy! It was such a brill night and it is definatley most wierd not going into PMH everyday!

No comments:
Post a Comment