We have had an absolutely jam packed time since Gran returned from her coach trip and I have to confess I am now absoultely shattered and have a stinking cold:-( Speaking to my dad last night though we sympathised with each other whilst coughing and sniffing down the phone! Thing is its summer here!
We managed to help Gran to fulfill pne of the life ambitions while she was here and got her up in a hot air balloon! A 4am start....as you can imagine for those that know me, not an easy task. But it was worth it and it was a fab experience! Quite bizarre as you don't feel you are moving! We saw the sea, snow capped mountains and reached 5000 ft!






So we had fun and we even managed some champagne at the end (well I did gran stuck to fruit juice). The day had only just begun however as we were home by 9.15! Dan had been for a run and we decided to make the most of the sun by heading over to Akaroa. I had forgotten how beautiful it is over there! So we mooched, had a picnic, coffee and walked on the beach collecting shells! We were absolutely cream crackered by the end, Gran and I slept most of the way, thanks to Dan who kindly drove! The day ended at home for a bbq!

No comments:
Post a Comment